Friday, August 7, 2009

Long time no Talk

Hello, hello, hello!!!!! To quote, my dear friend Peggy, "what the crap, I know you've been on a cruise, post please". LOL!!!! I didn't even realize that it has been almost two months since I've posted, so let me start you out with a "torture mommy" story and then I'll give you the summer update.

Christian will start kindergarten in two weeks. His school requires uniforms, so off we go to Parker Uniforms to get the clothes. Now let me first start with saying, I warned him several times before we went that he will indeed have to try on the clothes, because there is no such thing as a last minute target run, if things don't fit. I made the critical mistake of taking both kids with me, my bad!!

We barely got in the door before both kids played me a like a fiddle. They started running in opposite directions, so that I couldn't easily catch them. Christian headed for the wall of belts and Caroline headed for the kiosk of hair bows. Big C decides to run his hand all the way down the wall touching every single belt there is and almost knocking every single one on the floor. Little C does manage to not only bring hair bows to the ground, but break the fixture as well. While I'm trying to pick up everything, they have apparently called my number, which I don't hear because steam was coming out of my ears. Another mother comes to me and says are you #21, they just called you. Great!!

Now it's time for the dressing room. Big C is complaining it's itchy, I don't like it, etc... Little C is laying on her stomach with her head out of the dressing room and singing as loud as possible. I am not only getting stares now, but I'm also being talked about. I have officially turned into that mom!!!! You know the one, the one that we have all talked about!!! I took away treats, all TV privileges, grounded them to their rooms for 45 minutes, spanked in the dressing room, and NOTHING worked. One mother said, "don't worry, they do eventually grow up"! They worked me like they had sat down and planned it to the very last detail.

Second deadly mistake, baths together!!!! They are playing in the bathtub and I am putting away laundry. Christian says mom come here we have something to show you. I go in their and the tile floor was a swimming pool and the bathmat was floating in it. I can honestly say, I lost my religion in that moment. Aren't you glad I blogged again???? Me too, good therapy. Stay tuned for a summer full of more uplifting updates!!

1 comment:

Peggy Rice said...

I am going to have to use that line, "I lost my religion", love it! If it makes you feel better, I am always that mother, but thankfully I can't fully understand what they are saying. Someone did call Aidan an idiot the other day. I had a word for her, but I didn't know it in French.