Monday, was Christian's first t-ball game, and Randy graciously volunteered to coach 10 four year old boys and 2 four year old girls!! How do you ask did that happen...... Well, we signed up through the YMCA and then we get an email from the sports department that Christian is on a team, but we don't have a coach, and the email is just an arm twisting asking some poor dad to step up. Well, we wait around like all the other parents hoping that someone will volunteer and nothing happens. Then I twist Randy's arm into coaching and thus the craziness begins!!
His team is the horn frogs, much to Randy's dismay. He is a trooper though, be even bought two purple shirts. Correction, I buy him two purple shirts, as I have somehow become the team mom/secretary/snack provider/everything that Randy isn't doing. Our first two practices went great. Randy had every kid listening to him and following directions, I was so impressed. We should have such control over our own kids. Christian was even following his dad's lead, he was a great helper setting up practice, and he didn't poop in his pants once. Victory!!! I thought this is really going well.
Then came Monday's game.....utter chaos! The kids were everywhere, noone was listening or following directions, and they had no clue what to do with the ball once they got it. It was 101 degrees with 80% humidity, not ideal at best. Poor Randy wanted to quit. It was a good learning experience for all. Saturday's practice should be better. Good job honey, I think you are doing a great job!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment