Christian is so happy today that he could just bust!!! Today is the first official day of beating his cow's milk allergy!!! It has been a long road of allergy confusion, but in the end after 4.5 years he has outgrown this allergy, but has picked up some new ones. Most noteably, he now has an allergy to SOY, yes my friends that would be the exact product that we were giving him as a substitute for milk!! This is why he was still presenting symptoms of the egg and milk allergy, because he was having very healthy doses of soy, in milk, cheese, mac-n-cheese, ice cream, you name it, if it came in a soy variety we have tried it. He now also has an allergy to peanuts, wheat, corn, and walnuts. He also still has a very slight allergy to eggs, but it has reduced considerably. All of his allergies fall within the very minimal category, so we don't have to make any major dietary changes.
Christian went with me to the grocery store today and we needed to buy some milk. He wanted a gallon for him and a gallon for Caroline. He is so excited!!! So funny, this morning we went by Starbucks and I got him a hot chocolate. Always before I would order him a kids soy/vanilla hot chocolate with no whip cream. Well today, I just ordered a regular kids hot chocolate. When he got the cup he looked through the hole in the lid and said that's not hot chocolate. He saw the whip cream and thought they had given him the wrong thing. I explained and said, just taste it, it's good. He did, and you would have thought that boy had died and gone to heaven. Oh, to remember the first time I tried whipped cream!!!
The picture below is his first "real" ice cream cone!! He's hooked now, there's no going back!
1 comment:
Yeah! And, I know that makes things a lot easier for you- not having to prepare special foods! Oh is he gonna love Cold Stone!
Post a Comment