Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not as Advertised

We have to stop reading brochures and internet websites!! We had a Schlieker family gathering this weekend in Bryan and the kids had Monday off for Cinco De Mayo. I know, we are not sure why either, but anyway. So, we wanted to find a camp ground that was within a reasonable drive to Bryan, but also had lots of amenities to entertain the children. We found a "deluxe" castaways RV Park & Campground on Lake Conroe. Sounded great, boat rental, fishing, clubhouse and activity center, playground, park store, miniature golf, baseball diamond, etc... You get the picture.

We drive up and we are so sure that can't actually be the location, we drive past it looking for the the "advertised" version. We drive down, end up in a mobile home neighborhood, can't get turned around because we are pulling the hummer behind the motorhome, have to unhook the hummer so we can't get out of these people's front yards. I'm not kidding. All the time, realizing that we did indeed pass the park we were going to.

Here's what we found. A playground that is rusted over with spider webs all over it, the clubhouse and activity center was the office for the park. I inquired about renting a boat and they suggested that I look in the yellow pages. We never did find the minature golf, but the baseball diamond was indeed available. If that was the "deluxe" park, I'd hate to see the "average" park.

1 comment:

Kings said...

Oh Kim- I am surprised you stayed! Oh well, funny family memories you will laugh about someday! Where's your fun blog banner?