Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Day of Summer Vacation

The kids have been counting down the days until school was over and summer vacation can begin.  Well, we finally made it.  Every summer until this one, the kids just continued on at whatever school they had been attending.  This one will be a little bit different.  I'm working 3 days a week and taking Tuesday's and Friday's off to play with the kids.  Our fabulous babysitter, Roxanne is watching our two kids, plus one, Christian's buddy Will Graygor, on the days that Will's mom and I work.  

My goal for my two days off is to #1 not work, #2 spend the whole day playing with the kids, #3 keep them busy and wear them out!!  First day, we went to the gym and worked out, came home played games, ate lunch, went to Creative Hands and painted ceramics.  One the way home from Creative Hands I look in the back seat to find.....


Mission Accomplished!!

Today is the second day of summer vacation.  Went to the gym, came home rode bikes down to the park and played.  Came home, had lunch, everyone got a shower, 30 minute timeout in their rooms for arguing all morning.  Next thing I know, they are out.  As I'm blogging this, they have been asleep for 3 hours!!! 
I'm loving this summer vacation.  
Stay tuned for our guest blogger, Roxy, as she tells the tale of her adventures with two six year olds, and one 4 year old in the next 11 weeks.

1 comment:

Peggy Rice said...

could you come to Paris and do the same with mine!?